Re: TPE Document, S2.3 P1

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 16:23:58 -0500
Cc: "public-tracking@w3.org>" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: "Aleecia M. McDonald" <aleecia@aleecia.com>

Le 2 nov. 2011 à 20:15, Aleecia M. McDonald a écrit :
> It seems like a bad user experience to have DNT work when you use a browser, but not work if you click an icon, when otherwise the application is exactly the same thing.

There is also the case of WebCore for example on Mac OS X
which is used on many applications (Apple and others). For example,
my desktop feed aggregator has two choices:

  * open links into the browser (no issue. DNT is on)
  * open links into the feed aggregator (no way to put the DNT)
    Note that the issue is similar for cookies.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/