W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tracking-international@w3.org > January 2013

Re: 12-13 March as suggested dates for the F2F Meeting

From: Vinay Goel <vigoel@adobe.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:31:01 -0800
To: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
CC: "public-tracking-international@w3.org" <public-tracking-international@w3.org>
Message-ID: <05D0C8A2-BB38-42B4-9CDE-94688ACC3672@adobe.com>
Hi Rigo,

Selfishly I'd prefer a full day on the 12th then instead of having it be two days.  There aren't that many flight options on Wednesday, March 13th mack to NYC so I'll have to miss the entire day.

As for agenda items, here are some suggestions:

1) Identify what parts of the draft spec would be impacted by recommendations this group comes up with
2) Clearly identify the barriers in the current draft specs that prevent adoption of the standard in particular regions
3) Identify where market-specific laws differ from parts of the draft spec
4) Discuss if the current draft spec + current industry self-regulations (like the eDAA) provide the bridge already, or if we need to do more within the DNT spec
5) Timeline (as you've suggested)
6) What will the global considerations recommendation look like?  Does this require any changes to normative text in the DNT?
7) How will companies implement DNT (will they program their servers to respond differently based on geo...)?


On Jan 17, 2013, at 4:58 PM, Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org> wrote:

> Vinay, 
> we won't need two full days just for the kick-off. So it is a matter of 
> the agenda we have in front of us and whether we have some real content 
> to discuss. The initial plan was to start first day noon so people can 
> fly in and end next day in the afternoon, so people could fly out.  
> Again, other than my two points, I don't have an overview of what people 
> would like to put on the agenda. This could be a discussion on what form 
> our output will take, what our output should be, perhaps some 
> introductions and perhaps a decent timeline. I'm still waiting for 
> suggestions beyond my own ideas. 
> Rigo
> On Thursday 17 January 2013 13:26:35 Vinay Goel wrote:
>> Hi Rigo,
>> I can make the Feb 27-28 dates.  I can also make March 12th but will
>> have to fly out March 13th as I need to be in New York on March 14th.
>> Will it be a full two days?
Received on Thursday, 17 January 2013 22:32:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 19:40:17 UTC