Re: Agenda: Global considerations F2F meeting 11-12 Berlin

Chris,

On Monday 25 February 2013 22:58:29 Chris Mejia wrote:
> Rigo-- this unfortunate example illustrates my earlier point
> perfectly.  People in the current working group THINK they are
> representing other global stake holders adequately, when in fact
> those stake holders being "represented" would be shocked to learn
> that they are in fact, not represented well at all.  Please either
> change the name of the group and the goals of the initiative to
> reflect it's current makeup, or get the right folks in the room.

I can't force them into the room. If you know people, tell them. I know
Ann Cavoukian, the famous Ontario Privacy Commissioner. I think her
office is following this. Additionally, we have Tara Whalen as a co-
chair of the PING IG. She works for the Office of the Privacy
Commissioner of Canada. So if we have questions on Canada, we have
sufficient people to ask.

I don't know where you get the fixed idea on renaming a task force while
the name is encouraging you to play watchdog here, which is beneficial
to all.

I would be interested in the reaction of the Canadian Legal counsel of
IAB CA. Do you think he would give his opinion as opposed to the opinion
of the Office of the Candian Federal Privacy Commissioner?

I will resist to rename the Task Force as long as you continue to remind
us of all those hickups and force us to become even more international.
KUTGW

 --Rigo