Re: Agenda: Global considerations F2F meeting 11-12 Berlin

From: Chris Mejia <chris.mejia@iab.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 18:50:10 +0000
To: "'rigo@w3.org'" <rigo@w3.org>, "'public-tracking-international@w3.org'" <public-tracking-international@w3.org>
CC: "'peter@peterswire.net'" <peter@peterswire.net>, "'tlr@w3.org'" <tlr@w3.org>, Mike Zaneis <mike@iab.net>, "'lou@aboutads.info'" <lou@aboutads.info>, "'mgroman@networkadvertising.org'" <mgroman@networkadvertising.org>
Rigo,

Since this workshop is entitled "Global Considerations" I'm Just wondering how POVs from Africa, Asia, Pan Pacific/Oceana (including Australia and New Zealand) and South America are going to be represented here? From the agenda, I'd recommend re-titling this particular workshop as "European Considerations" or "Western Considerations" to be more representative of the actual agenda, participation and motive.  Otherwise, Rigo, can you please outline what true global outreach W3C has done (beyond the US and Europe) to assemble this meeting and it's agenda?  I'm not being cheeky, at all. If this is to be a true "global standard" then I dare say that W3C still has quite a bit of work to do in assembling a truly global set of stake holders.

Thanks,

Chris

Sent from my BlackBerry...

Chris Mejia