Progression of TPE to CR

From: Carl Cargill <cargill@adobe.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 17:08:18 +0000
To: "public-tracking-comments@w3.org" <public-tracking-comments@w3.org>
CC: team-tracking-chairs <team-tracking-chairs@w3.org>
All -

Based on conversation with editors, we believe these typical CR exit criteria should apply to the TPE Candidate Recommendation that we expect to publish after a Director decision:

* Multiple (at least two), interoperable implementations of each feature, excepting features marked at risk

A three-month minimum for CR is appropriate. The actual length of the Candidate Recommendation phase will of course depend on the actual work of implementing TPE features and testing/documentation in an implementation report. We anticipate that to depend more on server-side implementation and estimate a range of 3 to 6 months.

Let us know of any objections to these conditions before we follow up with the Director regarding transition and issuing a Call for Implementations.

For the Chairs

Carl Cargill

Carl Cargill
Principal Scientist, Standards