RE: doNotTrack API feedback

On Wednesday, April 30, 2014 2:53 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> In a private thread with one of the editors I suggested the following
> as replacement for the current API:
>

> enum DNTValues { "unspecified", "0", "1" };
>
> [NoInterfaceObject, Exposed=Window,Worker]
> interface NavigatorDNT {
>   readonly attribute DNTValues doNotTrack;
> };
> Navigator implements NavigatorDNT
> WorkerNavigator implements NavigatorDNT
>

> I think this more closely matches what we want here.
>
> It's probably still not completely ideal as per Peter permission
> exposure is ideally asynchronous due to crossing process boundaries,
> but I suspect it might be too late to turn this into a promise.

My understanding was that attributes on navigator returned values that
were expected to be consistent for the browser. Are you proposing a
navigator attribute that varies based on the document origin? I didn't
realise we'd changed this. This was why the group moved this away from
the original location on navigator.

Thanks,

Adrian