Re: Move PointerEvents and/or TouchEvents to Web Platform WG? [Was: Future of Pointer Events WG?]]

On Tue, 27 Oct 2015 16:41:38 +0900, Sangwhan Moon <smoon@opera.com> wrote:

> The discussion from today says WPWG most likely won't be taking this, or
> at least for now.
>
> http://www.w3.org/2015/10/26-webapps-minutes.html#item04

Yep. We got feedback that a request like this would bring formal
objections to the charter, and we *didn't* get any support in the room.

If there is strong support in the group overall for chartering the work,
we still could. The benefits Art mentions are real, although I am unsure
we'll be able to realise them.

cheers

> On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 8:07 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> [ Newcomers to this thread can find the head at [StartHere] ]
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Another option is to move PointerEvents and/or TouchEvents into the Web
>> Platform WG [WPWG]. Among the primary advantage would be more "eyes" to
>> provide input and review feedback. Doing so would also help reduce group
>> admin overhead and depending on who participates, there could be a
>> broader
>> RF commitment for IP.
>>
>> I won't be at the October 27 WPWG meeting but I just added "Add
>> PointerEvents v2 and/or TouchEvents v2 to WPWG?" to the [Agenda]
>> (11:15-11:30).
>>
>> -Thanks, ArtB
>>
>> [StartHere] <
>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pointer-events/2015JulSep/0026.html
>> >
>> [WPWG] <http://www.w3.org/2015/10/webplatform-charter.html>
>> [Agenda] <
>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Webapps/October2015Meeting#Agenda_Tuesday_October_27
>> >

>> On 7/28/15 2:29 PM, Rick Byers wrote:
>>
>>> +public-pointer-events (did you include public-touchevents by
>>> mistake?).
>>>
>>> Sounds like our options are:
>>> 1) Extend the PEWG charter in preparation for publishing a Level 2 REC
>>> document
>>> or