Re: Move TouchEvents spec tweaking to GitHub?

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Sangwhan Moon <smoon@opera.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 12:27 AM, Rick Byers <rbyers@chromium.org> wrote:

>>> We've just now gotten write access.  Thanks Art!
>>>

>> Friendly ping.  Sangwhan, anything else you need before pushing the
>> repo?  I'm anxious to get to the point where folks can start submitting
>> concrete PRs that we can discuss.
>>

> Apologies for the delay, I've been drowning in work. Check now.

Totally understood.  Thank you Sangwhan - it looks great!

For the record: here are URLs for viewing the current extensions note and
v1-errata:
http://rawgit.com/w3c/touch-events/master/touchevents.html
http://rawgit.com/w3c/touch-events/v1-errata/touchevents.html

We may eventually want to use gh-pages instead of pointing people to
rawgit, but I think we can ignore that for now.

I took the liberty of also rewriting the history for Art while I was at it;
> but I don't know how I can get Github to not show those "oh hey you pushed
> a branch, of course you want to merge it to master" buttons. (Note: Don't
> press them.)

Yeah, the hg-style branches kind of get in the way.  Hopefully we can soon
be in a mode where we're working on all documents just in master (or
gh-pages), and everything else will be there mainly for history.

Does anyone have any outstanding concerns over the repo setup?  If not,
then I think folks (eg. Patrick) should be free to start landing changes.
I'll start a separate thread to discuss logistics.