Re: Phasing out mouse compatibility events on tap?

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 11:21 AM, Arthur Stolyar <nekr.fabula@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Can we just have document.disableCompatibilityMouseEvents = true; for
> "very, very, very" expirienced developer which know what thay do? I mean if
> developer plan to use touchevents and knows that compatibility events will
> mess his/her work, why developer cannot just disable them at all by
> him/herself?

Yep, that's one possible API shape.  I hope that it's not just for "very"
experienced developers though.  I'd like to believe that the easy-to-use
frameworks of the future would do this by default so that even the least
experienced developers just never need to think about it.

I'm not sure an API on document is the best pattern though - it implies
that the decision can be made for the page as a whole, when often a page is
built out of components with different expectations/assumptions.  Maybe it
should be a CSS property instead?  Or maybe it should be a
preventMouseEvents() method on TouchEvent?