Re: Move TouchEvents spec tweaking to GitHub?

[Apparently I had this message in my drafts for weeks - sorry!]

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 8:58 AM, Rick Byers <rbyers@chromium.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 2:56 AM, Sangwhan Moon <smoon@opera.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 3:29 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> [ + Philippe ]

>>> Yes and agree (I've been meaning to suggest this).
>>>
>>> I'll ask W3C staff to create a new touch-events repo within <
>>> https://github.com/w3c/> :-).
>>>
>>> Philippe - would you please create the <https://github.com/w3c/touch-
>>> events> rep for the Touch Events CG or tell me how to go about getting
>>> that directory created? The TE CG wants to use this new repo for Touch
>>> Events v1 errata (and possibly additional work such as features for v.next).
>>>
>>>  Art, if we decide to publish an official errata, would the detailed
>>>>

>>> No (i.e. not a problem).
>>>
>>> BTW, my understanding is that it is possible to copy all of the hg
>>> history to Github so if that is the case, that should be done. Philippe
>>> might be able to confirm that.
>>

>> Yes, it is possible. I took the liberty and went ahead and did that so it
>> can be pushed straight to the newly created repository. Alternatively, any
>> W3C admin can just fork that repository, and I'll nuke my local afterwards
>> which will make that the authoritative repo.
>> https://github.com/cynthia/touch-events
>>
>> One problem I see is that certain commits do not associate correctly with
>> the author's Github account - namely these people (in alphabetical order)
>> Arthur Barstow
>> hiro
>> Josh Soref (a.k.a. timeless)
>> Rick Byers
>> Scott Graham
>>

> Thanks Sangwhan.  I've added my google.com address to my GitHub account.
>
> I can fix this with the awesome (*cough* evil *cough*) filter-branch
>> command and correct the authors for those who prefer that, alternatively
>> the affected people can also add the mail address used for the commit
>> message to Github. But please let me do that before anyone starts cloning
>> the repository, since pushing/pulling after a history rewrite can cause a
>> decent amount of arcane behavior for those who haven't dealt with a
>> repository that has been touched by the evil forces.

*Sangwhan*, Doug created an empty (uninitialized) repo for us here:
https://github.com/w3c/touch-events.  Once you're happy with them, are you
able to push all your migrated commits there?

*Doug, *can the CG (or at least specific individuals that ask) get write
access to that repo?  Or do we need to work on a clone and submit PRs?  If
you need to list CG folks by hand, then the relevant GitHub accounts I know
off off the top of my head are:

jacobrossi
cynthia (Sangwhan)
mbrubeck
scottgonzalez
AFBarstow
RByers
mustaqahmed (Mustaq on my team will be helping with the spec)
tdresser (Tim on my team may also help)

 Thanks,
   Rick