Re: Move TouchEvents spec tweaking to GitHub?

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 3:29 AM, Arthur Barstow <art.barstow@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [ + Philippe ]
>
> On 12/13/14 11:58 AM, Rick Byers wrote:
>

>> Should we move tweaks to the v1-errata and extensions note to GitHub?  I
>> think that would be easier for collaboration than hg (easier to track
>> changes, review PRs, and avoids people having to learn something new).
>>

> Yes and agree (I've been meaning to suggest this).
>
> I'll ask W3C staff to create a new touch-events repo within <
> https://github.com/w3c/> :-).
>
> Philippe - would you please create the <https://github.com/w3c/touch-
> events> rep for the Touch Events CG or tell me how to go about getting
> that directory created? The TE CG wants to use this new repo for Touch
> Events v1 errata (and possibly additional work such as features for v.next).
>
>  Art, if we decide to publish an official errata, would the detailed
>> change history being in github make that much more difficult policy-wise?
>>

> No (i.e. not a problem).
>
> BTW, my understanding is that it is possible to copy all of the hg history
> to Github so if that is the case, that should be done. Philippe might be
> able to confirm that.

Yes, it is possible. I took the liberty and went ahead and did that so it
can be pushed straight to the newly created repository. Alternatively, any
W3C admin can just fork that repository, and I'll nuke my local afterwards
which will make that the authoritative repo.
https://github.com/cynthia/touch-events

One problem I see is that certain commits do not associate correctly with
the author's Github account - namely these people (in alphabetical order)
Arthur Barstow
hiro
Josh Soref (a.k.a. timeless)
Rick Byers
Scott Graham

I can fix this with the awesome (*cough* evil *cough*) filter-branch
command and correct the authors for those who prefer that, alternatively
the affected people can also add the mail address used for the commit
message to Github. But please let me do that before anyone starts cloning
the repository, since pushing/pulling after a history rewrite can cause a
decent amount of arcane behavior for those who haven't dealt with a
repository that has been touched by the evil forces.

--
Sangwhan Moon [Opera Software ASA]
Software Engineer | Tokyo, Japan