Re: Errata for Touch Events?

On 12/5/14 8:24 AM, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> "There is a general need for a "primer" document in the W3C space
> explaining the various DOM events and how they relate to each other,
> also providing best practices of device-specific and
> device-independent authoring."
>
> I agree with this sentiment as well. However...it's now 3 years down
> the line, and the TE spec very prominently links to a blank holding
> page, prefacing with "The W3C's Protocols and Formats Working Group
> created a non-normative document"...no, they didn't create it. They
> said they would, but didn't follow through.

Wondering aloud here ... do you (or others) have input for such a
document? If so, perhaps it would be helpful to reference a (wiki)
document this CG, PFWG (and others) could create and maintain.

> Maybe de-emphasising the note, or just changing the wording (so it
> doesn't say that the document was created when in fact it wasn't) may
> be another interim option?

Yes, those would be fine options too if PFWG agrees.

> (sorry, probably coming across more disgruntled than I should be about
> this ;) )

;)

I'll followup with PFWG and cross-post to p-touchevents.

-Thanks, AB