Re: Errata for Touch Events?

On 12/4/14 7:32 PM, Rick Byers wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 6:47 PM, Patrick H. Lauke
> <redux@splintered.co.uk <mailto:redux@splintered.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     My only outstanding quibble is with the note in the introduction
>
>     "The W3C's Protocols and Formats Working Group created a
>     non-normative document that includes a mapping of hardware events
>     (e.g. keyboard events) to touch events. For more information see
>     Touch Events Accessibility Mapping."
>
>     I've reached out to the PFWG - my first attempt of just sending my
>     query to their public mailing list failed, as paradoxically it's
>     called "public" but only members are allowed to post - but I then
>     asked some of my colleagues who are part of the WG to pass the
>     query on on my behalf - and yet, I have heard very little back,
>     apart from a suggestion from one of the WG members to use my test
>     results from http://patrickhlauke.github.io/touch/tests/results/
>     somehow instead.
>
>     I responded that I didn't mind my work being used (with a tiny
>     credit) by the PFWG, but if alternatively we should host some form
>     of mapping/results (based on my stuff) on the CG wiki, and what
>     sort of legal conundrums that may bring up (TE errata pointing to
>     a CG wiki). Thoughts?
>

> If they don't actually have such a document ready to hand to us, I say
> we just remove the note and move on.  It was probably wishful thinking.

FYI, some information about the history for this addition is summarized
in LC comment [LC-7].

Although, as you say, the referenced doc [Mapping] is essentially empty,
I don't see it as necessarily harmful. As such, before the quoted text
above is removed, I recommend we work with the PFWG on a mutually
agreeable solution. I'm willing to work on that, if/when there is
consensus within this CG to remove the [Mapping] reference (and ATM, I
object to its removal).

-Thanks, AB

[LC-7]
<http://www.w3.org/2010/webevents/wiki/TouchEvents-LCWD-13-Sep-2011#LC-7>.