Re: Scope to look at keyboard/d-pad controls?

On 18/11/2013 17:01, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> - as the user moves keyboard focus around, fire the relevant
> PointerOver/PointerEnter not just on the focusable element that they
> landed on, but also any other parent elements they may have "crossed".
> E.g. if focus was initially on a direct child of <body>, and the next
> paragraph inside the same <div>, only fire PointerLeave/PointerOut of
> the <a> and the original <p>, then PointerOver/PointerEnter just on the
> sibling <p> and the next <a> that they focused on. sorry,
> convoluted...but does that make any sense?

Actually, ignore this bit altogether...I was somehow thinking about the
existing issues with mouse-driven events and how they could be fixed for
keyboard users, but these legacy issues would not be present in sites
actually using Pointer Events. In effect, keyboard focus moving directly
to a focusable element should be no different from a stylus hovering
over an element, so simply firing the relevant Pointer Events (without
that whole "fire them on intermediate elements as well" part above)
should be fine.

Patrick H. Lauke