The road ahead for the VTT Candidate Rec

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 10:02:35 +0200
Cc: public-texttracks@w3.org
To: public-tt@w3.org
My perception (and that of others too) is that there is no-one who is willing to do the work to document VTT interoperability and the CR exit criteria, and that we might still have trouble proving implementability of every feature.

Under these circumstances I think we should not prolong the fiction that we’ll emerge from CR into Rec status, but instead do what the process requires, publish the CR as a WG note, and also keep the CG alive to keep the living standard.

What do others think?

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.