Re: Editor for the VTT spec.

Thanks, David - we're all feeling the loss of Simon!

It would be great if we could find another editor to help me and to
potentially completely take over to lead WebVTT into the next level of
its development.

There is still lots to specify, including live captioning, how to
properly do text descriptions and much more as you can see from the
left over bugs in the old bug tracker:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&component=Conversion%20of%20608%2F708%20captions%20to%20WebVTT&component=Test%20Suite&component=WebVTT&component=WebVTT%20Extension%3A%20Regions%20for%20rendering%20cue%20groups&product=TextTracks%20CG&query_format=advanced&resolution=---

My goal for now will be just to support finalizing this version (1.0)
for the standards track of the W3C.

Cheers,
Silvia.