Re: [webvtt] Spec editing

No big issues from me…two points

(well, a question) FOUC is …

I was under the impression that the W3C rec-track document is a formalization of a snapshot of the WhatWG document. So, there shouldn’t be a question of ‘moving to’ WhatWG since we never, afaik, ‘moved away’. We just got tired of people complaining that there was no stable, formally referencable, VTT spec. and decided to make one…

> On Sep 22, 2015, at 3:48 , Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:
>
> I'd like to propose (and implement) some changes in the spec editing department for WebVTT. Feedback appreciated.
>
> * Convert to Bikeshed. Both for personal preference and I think it's better at handling cross-spec xrefs, and it doesn't suffer from FOUC when loading the spec.
>
> * Stop using https://github.com/foolip/webvtt-webhook - I don't know what we should do instead but I don't particularly fancy maintaining a custom webhook for WebVTT. Anne van Kesteren has offered to maintain a webhook if we were to move the spec to WHATWG. Personally I wouldn't mind that, but I don't have strong opinions about where the spec should live.
>
> * Move from bugzilla to GitHub issues. It seems the barrier to entry is lowered by discussing issues in GitHub.
>
> --
> Simon Pieters
> Opera Software

David Singer