Re: Stepping down as WebVTT editor

I think I am speaking for the entire group and indeed the wider community when I offer a huge thank-you to Silvia for all she has done!

I think we can all honestly say the specification and the community would be nowhere near where we are today without her contributions!!

Thank you, thank you!!!!

> On Oct 13, 2015, at 10:10 , Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I am stepping down as co-editor of the WebVTT spec because I have not
> been able to dedicate the time to editing the spec that is necessary
> to move it forward.
>
> I might still occasionally provide a patch (as I would encourage all
> participants to do) and will continue to offer my opinion on bugs, but
> editorship needs some new blood with more time at their hands.
>
> I am happy that Courtney Kennedy from Apple has volunteered to take my
> place and join Simon, both of who have already landed some great
> patches.
>
> Thanks for all the discussions and I'm excited to see Simon and
> Courtney taking WebVTT forward from here-on!
>
> Cheers,
> Silvia.

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.