Re: Wording change around cue box positioning

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 6:15 PM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 20, 2015 at 2:38 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer
> <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> To be clear, I'm really only concerned with the consistency of the
> names, their individual definitions can certainly be improved. Quoting
> https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/197#issuecomment-112797871
>
>> The "line offset" is no more an offset than the "text position", both of them influence either x-position and y-position in the rendering algorithm and then either the left or top CSS properties.
>
> In other words, I think the names of these concepts should be either
> "line position" and "text position" (the original) or just "line" and
> "position". (Using "offset" in both terms would be consistent, but
> then the concept corresponding to VTTCue.position doesn't even have
> "position" in the name.)

To clear up some more misunderstanding: I'm actually agreeing to just
use "line" and "position" to name the concepts. I would then suggest
to describe these concepts with the words "offset of the cue box in
the block rendering direction" (for the 'line' cue setting) and
"offset of the cue box in the inline direction" (for the 'position'
cue setting).

Cheers,