Re: Unifying the rendering approach

On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 3:25 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am prepared to change the rendering section / algorithm completely.
>
> But I am not prepared to change the Syntax any more. It's been too
> long in the making.
>
> That's really the core of my position. And it's not about CEA608, but
> about CEA708.
> For 608 I agree that we wouldn't need regions at all.

Then it seems we are at an impasse. I am not interested in maintaining
regions as currently specified, and even less interested in big
changes to the rendering algorithm, unless they bring regions and
non-regions closer together in some meaningful way.

Philip