Fwd: Timed Text WG Revised Charter Approved; Join Timed Text Working Group (Call for Participation)

Yay!  We have an approved charter to get VTT 1.0 on the rec track.  We actually have very little time to do the 1.0 LC (a quarter)…so…please, if you can help move this work ahead, join the WG and we’ll get going.

I’ll probably give it a couple of weeks before we start looking for VTT-time on the conference calls, and then only as-needed.  We expect to continue to use Bugzilla for the specification itself, and I think only use action/issue tracking for group-related activities.

Onwards to better accessibility!

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
> Subject: Timed Text WG Revised Charter Approved; Join Timed Text Working Group (Call for Participation)
> Date: March 27, 2014 at 06:04:30 PDT
> To: w3c-ac-members@w3.org
>

> Dear Advisory Committee representative,
>
> The Director is pleased to announce the re-charter of the Timed Text Working Group.
>   http://www.w3.org/2014/03/timed-text-charter.html
>
> The revised charter extends the group through 30 March 2016 to continue developing TTML and include a few new deliverables, most
> notably WebVTT 1.0, and Text and Image Profiles for Internet Media Subtitles and Captions. Accordingly, we request that you re-confirm participation, following section 6.2.4 of the W3C Process Document.
>
> Current participants must rejoin because there are new Recommendation-track deliverables.
> Use this form to (re)join:
>   http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/34314/join
>
> The Working Group are Nigel Megitt (BBC) and David Singer (Apple). The Team Contacts are Philippe Le Hégaret, and Thierry Michel for a total of 0.2 FTE.
>
> More information about the Timed Working Group can be found at
> http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/
>
> ---
> Results of Call for Review
> ---
> We called for review on 18 February,
>  https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2014JanMar/0038.html
> Thanks to the 11 members who provided input. No opposition or conditional responses were received.
>  https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/33280/timed-text-2014/results
>
> In response to comments, we updated the decision policy, clarified the scope of the Text and Image Profiles for Internet Media Subtitles and Captions profile, and adjusted the milestones. See also
>  https://www.w3.org/2014/03/ttml-charter-comments.html
> and the diff
>  http://www.w3.org/2014/03/ttml-diff.html
>

> This announcement follows section 8.1.2 of the W3C Process Document:
>  http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/acreview#ACReviewAfter
>
> and the Call for Participation follows section 6.2.4 of the W3C Process Document:
>   http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/groups#cfp
>

> Thank you,
>
> For Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director,
> Philippe Le Hegaret, Interaction Domain Leader,
> and Thierry Michel, Timed Text Team Contact,
> Coralie Mercier, W3C Communications
>
> --
> Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Communications Team  -  http://www.w3.org
> mailto:coralie@w3.org +336 4322 0001 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/