RE: a second message on transitions, from your Chair

David Singer wrote:
> On May 15, 2013, at 12:29 , Loretta Guarino Reid
> <lorettaguarino@google.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not entirely sure what this means, but "using TTML as a source
> format for WebVTT" sounds scary.
>
> maybe badly expressed by me.  One ought to be able to convert TTML to
> VTT.  We've had a long-standing action to define how that's done.  TTML
> is an authoring/exchange format by design, so it ought to be possible
> and needs defining.

+1 to David.

Loretta TTML is essentially XML (Sean Hayes will correct me, but in
principle, ya, it is XML-ish), and so converting XML-marked content to
another "markup format" is a common occurrence already today. David, I would
hope we would also be ensuring that SMPTE-TT would also be "convertible"
within the same mapping effort.

At this point I would also express positive support for working with the
Timed Text WG as proposed.

JF