Re: Need support to ignore the meta data header from webvtt file.

Have you tried following your code path on paper or at least run it
through a debugger following what it does?
You just need to read to the first empty line after reading the
"WEBVTT" magic string.
I don't seem to see the function webvtt_create_parser do that...

Good luck.
Silvia.

(BTW: this is not a coding list, but a list for standards development.
You may be better off asking such questions on stackoverflow.)