Re: Updated WebVTT spec with region specification

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Victor Carbune <victor.carbune@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 3:55 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer
> <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
> > And we would not add the TextTrackRegionList to the TextTrack object,
> > but create a VTTTrack object with these extended interfaces.
>
> Could you elaborate a bit more on this? I'm tempted to say that it's
> not necessarily worth going with the TextTrack object in the same
> direction as with TextTrackCue only because of VTTRegions, unless
> there are other track-level specific attributes (even for other
> formats) that might lead anyway to such a separation later.

Either approach would work for TTML; i.e., hanging a region list off of (1)
a format specific Track subclass (e.g., VTTTrack, TTMLTrack, etc), or (2) a
generic TextTrack. I expect some form of TTMLRegion to be defined, so a
generic region list could accommodate a format specific region sub-type.