Re: [blink-dev] WebVTT vs TTML Features

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 7:42 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer
<silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Glenn Adams <glenn@chromium.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Silvia Pfeiffer <
> silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> misunderstandings.

> and

> that

> subset
> of

> HTML/CSS

> as

> based
> >>

> >> Do you want to define a HTMLCue that supports all of HTML or a
> >> PartialHTMLCue? Since cues can be created by any authoring system,
> >> including by JavaScript in the browser, you can't just say that
> >> HTMLCue supports all of HTML/CSS, but you're only ever sending it a
> >> subset of HTML/CSS. That's not how it works.
> >

> > It is if that's how you define it. Right now you have a method
> > getCueAsHTML() not getCueAsPartialHTML(). Whether it is everything or
> > partial is rather besides the point of this discussion anyway. My point
> is
> > there might be utility in defining some Cue type (I don't care what to
> name
> > it) that allows JS client code to populate a track's cues with HTML/CSS
> (at
> > whatever subset we want to enforce). Going beyond that, there may be
> utility
> > in defining a way to deliver such cues directly (without requiring client
> > JS).
>
> Maybe. I'm not opposed to a HTMLCue. It's not something that's useful
> for VTT, but it may be a useful addition to HTML. As I said: make a
> JavaScript implementation using DataCue and prove to the HTML WG that
> it's useful. This is not the right forum to discuss this.

Silvia, this is the second time you are suggesting this is the wrong forum
to discuss HTMLCue etc. I disagree with this line of thinking. This is
precisely the correct forum to be discussing this. Of course, we might
choose to start a new thread on this topic, but please don't suggest this
is the wrong forum.