Re: TextTracueCue Constructor

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 8:59 AM, Victor Carbune <victor.carbune@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 12:09 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer
> <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 1:05 PM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 8:29 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer <
> silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
> >>

> >> ok
> >
> > Admittedly, I've still got it the regions as TextTrackRegion in the VTT
> spec.
> > http://dev.w3.org/html5/webvtt/#texttrackregion-interface
> > I could rename it to VTTRegion.
> >
> > What do ppl think?
>
> Renaming it to VTTRegion sounds appropriate to me, especially since it
> seems to remain specific to VTT.

Although it is likely that a TTMLRegion will be needed, in which case a
common TextTrackRegion would be desirable, we aren't quite at a point at
which we can concretely define the specifics of TTMLRegion.

I would recommend defining a very light weight TextTrackRegion interface
now rather than later, and have VTTRegion inherit from it. The only certain
common property is an id, so you might consider defining regionId on
TextTrackRegion, and the remaining members on VTTRegion as presently
specified.