Re: Metadata in the VTT file header (bug 15851), use cases (and a need to close this)

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 17:52:18 -0500
To: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Cc: David Singer <singer@apple.com>, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>, public-texttracks <public-texttracks@w3.org>
On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 10:32 PM, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com
> wrote:

> The way the spec is written now, a blank line in the middle of a
> multiline header also ends the header processing. We would need to
> write something special to avoid this from within a multiline header.

That's what I'm saying: this could only be done if that part of parsing can
still be changed.

Instead, it would be simpler and less fragile to just end header
> processing on the first valid cue IMHO.

The first cue that isn't within a header block.  Otherwise, this would stop
mid-block and we'd be back at needing to escape "-->":

Style:
.foo { bar };
00:01.000 --> 00:02.000
text