Timestamps in cues

From: Cyril Concolato <cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 17:22:04 +0200
To: "public-texttracks@w3.org" <public-texttracks@w3.org>
Hi all,

What is the correct behavior when an embedded timestamp in a cue is not
within the range of the start/end times of the cue?
I've made an example here:
http://perso.telecom-paristech.fr/~concolat/html5_tests/webvtt-late-cue.html
<http://perso.telecom-paristech.fr/%7Econcolat/html5_tests/webvtt-late-cue.html>
Here an inline timestamp in the second cue has a value greater than the
end of the cue. Chrome does not display the text after the timestamp.
Opera displays it. This is what I prefer as my understanding, correct me
if I'm wrong, is that inline timestamps only affect :past and :future
behavior.

Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato