Re: Multiple Settings in a Cue

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 2:49 AM, Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Nov 2012 03:13:26 +0100, Kyle Barnhart <kyle@barnhart.ca>
> wrote:
>
>  Hello. I'm part of the Seneca College student who are implementing the
>> WebVTT spec for Mozilla.
>>
>> The syntax rules state, "Each component must not be included more than
>> once
>> per WebVTT cue settings string." The parsing rules allow for duplicate
>> settings implicitly because it makes no such check. The splitting on a
>> space creates a list, not an ordered list.
>>

> Why would it not be ordered?

Because the entire paragraph says:

The WebVTT cue settings part of a WebVTT
cue<http://dev.w3.org/html5/webvtt/#webvtt-cue>consists of zero or
more of the following components, in any order,
separated from each other by one or more U+0020 SPACE characters or U+0009
CHARACTER TABULATION (tab) characters. Each component must not be included
more than once per WebVTT cue
settings<http://dev.w3.org/html5/webvtt/#webvtt-cue-settings>string.

So the cue settings components can be in any order.