Re: Greetings [via Web Media Text Tracks Community Group]

Hi Brennan,

Using WebVTT with the HTML5 <track> element and a @kind=metadata
should be what you're after.
The interpretation of your special data (music scores, mathematical
equations etc) needs to be done by JavaScript, but the synchronization
with the video/audio is provided by the browser (once browsers release
support for <track>).

Cheers,
Silvia.