Signature and LF

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:15:30 +0100
To: public-texttracks@w3.org
Hi

Before I brought up that there was a mismatch between the text/vtt
registration's "WebVTT files all begin with one of the following byte
sequences:" and the WebVTT parser's handling of the signature. Hixie made
a change to the parser to address it, but they still don't match.

Consider a file that contains "WEBVTT foo" and no LFs. It matches the
text/vtt's registration, but the parser rejects it in step 9, because
there's no LF.

I think the parser step 5 should be changed to collect characters that are
not LF, space or tab, and then check that the collected characters are
"WEBVTT", and then if the next character is space or tab, skip characters
that are not LF, and remove step 9.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software