Re: Using HTML5 and Javascript to Deliver Text-Based Audio Descriptions

From: Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 08:35:14 +1100
To: Geoff Freed <geoff_freed@wgbh.org>
Cc: "public-texttracks@w3.org" <public-texttracks@w3.org>
Hi Geoff,

That is indeed very interesting. I'd be curious how you're going with
the pre-recorded pieces and the download speed - is it fast enough? My
suspicion is that doing the synthesis on the client will lead to a
much more responsive system, but it'd be good to get that confirmed
with actual experiments.

Regards,
Silvia.