Re: Several considerations on implementing WebVTT for media players

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 6:51 PM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:

> OK, thanks, I probably need a visual example to help me understand.

(Oddly, I couldn't find many examples of this on YouTube, even though it's
commonplace in fansubs.  Links contain cheesy music.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbUxbsiUOmU

A huge number of fansubs do that.  Personally I can't stand it--subtitles
should be discreet, not intentionally draw attention away from the
video!--but it can also be used for actual karaoke.

People also like to apply really obnox^W^Wheavily animated effects;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2BTuxX9IVs is commonplace with SSA.

 Apologies if the answer was off-track (but we really do need to reach
> resolution on roll-up, by the way).

I think at this point it's just a matter of waiting for Hixie to get to
that thread.

--
Glenn Maynard