RE: Possible WebVTT conf call sync-up! Action requested!

A phone sync would be useful; now that there are several implementers of <track> and WebVTT. It would also be good to have some test cases to drive interoperability.

-----Original Message-----
From: Silvia Pfeiffer [mailto:silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 3, 2012 8:00 PM
To: David Singer
Cc: public-texttracks@w3.org
Subject: Re: Possible WebVTT conf call sync-up! Action requested!

Hi David, all,

I think it's a great idea to have a once-off call to touch base.
There's plenty in your list for a discussion. :-)
(BTW: There's also a WebVTT mapping into WebM.)

If we want to go through some of the bugs on the call, it would be easy to pick them, since we've been diligently putting them into the bug tracker, even when we've had discussions on list.

Right now we have 20 bugs on WebVTT in the bug tracker:
https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&component=WebVTT&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

We should discuss how to go about resolving them.
We don't seem to have made much progress on these recently, even though many of the discussions have come to a conclusion.
Eg. should we provide diffs for the spec that Ian can accept more easily?

About the technicalities:
I also think Zakim won't be available to us, so if you can provide a phone bridge, that would be useful. We have an irc channel at #texttracks on the w3 irc host, so can use that to take notes. We can always share an irc log as notes on this list.

Cheers,
Silvia.