Possible WebVTT conf call sync-up! Action requested!

This is great news, and it strikes me that this may be a good time to think about a conference call:

* implementation and usage experience; what's working for people, what's not, and aspects of the spec. that may need attention in the light of experience;
* review of issues, bugs, and so on - are we up to date, what's the plan for addressing them
* what's left that we need to be able to express or do with WebVTT (in the VTT spec. itself)
* information about related work:
 -- use of WebVTT (update on the HTML5 support etc.)
 -- packing of VTT in other formats (e.g. in-band in MP4 files)
 -- possible use of VTT in other formats (e.g. it's been raised in the context of MPEG DASH)
* VTT and other formats; we have an action to work out the translation to/from TTML, for example; is anyone looking at this? it might help inform the TTML work as well (profile definitions)
* other business, I am sure

I seem to recall that the W3C working-group infrastructure (staff, Zakim, IRC bridge) is not, or only partially available.  I can supply a phone bridge if needed, but we'll miss the IRC 'bots, if that's the case.

ACTION:  if you are up for a call, email ME (not the whole group) with the time-zone at least that you would normally take the call in, and any major unavailability you have during say August; I'll try to get together a doodle poll with what looks like some better choices when I get enough responses to get an idea of the landscape.

ACTION: also email me (and/or the list) agenda items

This is a great milestone for accessibility.

On Aug 2, 2012, at 10:09 , Geoff Freed <geoff_freed@wgbh.org> wrote:

> Hi, everyone:
>
> Apologies for cross-posting.
>
> NCAM has put together a page of <track> and WebVTT demos at http://ncamftp.wgbh.org/test/track/ .  Currently there are two videos showing captions only, but more videos will be added as new features are implemented (and as I have the time).  They've been tested using Chrome 18+ (Windows/Mac) and Safari 6 (Mac only) but not IE10.  If you're running IE10, please give these videos a try and let me know if they work.  <track> doesn't appear to be supported yet in other browsers.
>
> Thanks.
> Geoff Freed
> NCAM

David Singer