Re: Cues with 'start time' >= 'end time'

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012, Victor Carbune wrote:

> 9. For each text track cue in missed cues, prepare an event named enter
> for the TextTrackCue object with the later of the text track cue start
> time and the text track cue end time. [...]
>
> We should keep events properly associated with timings if it is nothing
> wrong with the cue.

Yeah, you're right, this fix was wrong. I accidentally put the logic in
the 'enter' event step instead of the 'exit' even step.

I've tried to fix it again. Let me know if I'm still wrong!

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012, Glenn Maynard wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> >
> > That's what implementing a spec is about. Finding way to efficiently
> > implement the algorithms written in the spec in a way that results in
> > the same output as the spec.
>
> It's not an issue of efficiency, it's about testing requirements.

Testing requirements, efficiency, the point is that the job of
implementing a spec _is_ the job of translating the spec's requirements
into implementation constraints while preserving the result.

> >  Pause-on-exit cues don't exist without the API.
>
> If it's purely an API feature, then I'm not sure why it's mentioned in
> the WebVTT spec at all.

It's only mentioned to initialise the value to disable it.

(The WebVTT spec is really a chapter of the HTML spec, it depends on it
for a lot of stuff, including the definition of "text track cue".)