Re: Kicking off to the Text Tracks Community Group

Think I could assist to work on a WebVTT tutorial, like I have done with
Silvia earlier for me WebVTT review. If you need me to help at this
point just let me know where I can help.

Regards,
Ronny

Silvia Pfeiffer schrieb:
> That needs to be some sort of file header metadata. Ian and I discussed a metadata section earlier, so I expect we'll eventually add this.
>
> Cheers,
> Silvia.
>
> On 15/11/2011, at 6:43 AM, David Singer <singer@apple.com> wrote:
>

>> This looks like a good start.
>>
>> Not sure where we'd cover 'setting the 'kind' of a VTT track' for each audience.
>>
>> I am sure more will emerge once we have baseline documents.
>>
>> On Nov 13, 2011, at 23:30 , Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have been thinking about the structure of those documents that we
>>> will create around WebVTT.
>>>
>>> As stated, I think we need two documents: one targeted at video
>>> players that display captions (which includes browsers, but not
>>> exclusively),
>>> and a second one that is a tutorial targeted at caption authors or
>>> authoring applications (as Jim put it: "someone who is creating time
>>> text material can read to figure out what to output").
>>>
>>> Here are roughly the table of contents that I would imagine for these documents:
>>>
>>> WebVTT Specification
>>> =================
>>> 1. Syntax
>>> 2. Conformance requirements & extensibility
>>> 3. Parsing
>>> 4. Rendering (HTML/CSS-independent - more like the caption model)
>>> 5. MIME type registration
>>> Appendix:
>>> A. WebVTT and Web Browsers
>>> A.1. WebVTT cue text DOM construction rules
>>> A.2. Applying CSS properties to WebVTT Node Objects
>>> A.3. CSS extensions
>>>

>>> WebVTT Tutorial
>>> 1. WebVTT file structure
>>> 2. WebVTT file header sections