Re: WebVTT feedback

I'm still looking into it, but I guess the "Firefox defaults to Japanese
glyphs" thing doesn't hold in general.  Oh well, it was worth a shot...

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 5:23 AM, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>wrote:

>  With or without language information, font switching is needed. I assume
> that you don't mean that Chinese text in something labeled as English
> shouldn't be rendered at all, so how should the font for each character be
> picked?

It's not a real "clean start", though, since WebVTT generates DOM nodes
that should be interoperable with the rest of the browser.  I don't think
WebVTT is the right place to fix this--it should just generate @lang
attributes on the generated nodes, not define its own special glyph
selection rules.

--
Glenn Maynard