Re: [testtwf-shenzhen] Need your input: Writing Webapps tests at TestTWF

Hi Zhiqiang,

Sorry for the delay on responding to this. Inline below.

On 9/12/13 6:37 AM, "Zhang, Zhiqiang" <zhiqiang.zhang@intel.com> wrote:

>+ public-test-infra@w3.org

This is a great suggestion!  Since this event will be just one day, I
rearranged the schedule to make room for this.

>This will not only benefit  new reviewers to understand the review
>process,
>but help new authors to know about what is to be checked before
>submitting new tests.

Yes, totally agree. We might want to adjust the title a little to reflect
this something like "How to Do Reviews and Pass Reviews". I'm open to
suggestions. Of course, my next logical question to you Zhiqiang is would
you like to take this on and do the talk at the event? :)  The talk and
slide deck should be in Chinese, but we'd definitely want an English
version of the deck available beforehand. I can work with you on this if
it helps.

>Before that, shall we come to a recommended and practical review process
>starting from the Test Review and Approval Process [1] and the Test Review
>Checklist [2]?
>
>[1]
>https://github.com/w3c/testtwf-website/blob/gh-pages/docs/review-process.m
>[2]
>https://github.com/w3c/testtwf-website/blob/gh-pages/docs/review-checklist
>.md

Yes indeed. Since both of those docs refer to the format[3] and style[4]
guidelines, we should also consider them when summarizing this into a
presentation.  It would be really great if you and some of the other
experienced reviewers on this list review all 4 of these docs and provide
input. We want something close to consensus on this prior to the event, so
please speak up if you have opinions. I think the biggest challenge is
sorting out and clearly communicating the WG-specific requirements for
tests.

Thanks so much for suggesting this!

Cheers,
-Rebecca