Re: wpt core team membership

On 05/12/2018 11:16, James Graham wrote:
> Following the discussion about the formation of the wpt core team, we
> are pleased to announce that the provisional membership of the initial
> core team has now been selected. The provisional members are:
>
> Geoffrey Sneddon
> James Graham (Mozilla)
> John Jansen (Microsoft)
> Mike Smith (W3C)
> Ms2ger (Igalia)
> Philip Jägenstedt (Google)
> Simon Pieters (Bocoup)
> Youenn Fablet (Apple)
>
> We believe these people reflect a broad range of stakeholders in the
> wpt project, and have the skills necessary to ensure that the project
> remains true to its stated purpose of improving interoperability on
> the web platform.
>
> There is now a 1 month period in which objections to these members may
> be raised; any such objections will be considered by Marcos who is
> fulfilling the role of neutral third party in this process. Please
> send any such objections to mcaceres@mozilla.com.

No objections were received in the notice period, so the initial
membership of the core team is confirmed as the above.

I have created a team on GitHub with these members [1]; I think we
should also set up a non-GitHub contact channel like a mailing list but
this isn't done yet.

Thanks to everyone involved in the process so far and particularly
Marcos for acting as a neutral third party.

Hopefully with the new organisation structure we are able to continue
improving web-platform-tests and helping reduce interop issues on the web.

[1] https://github.com/orgs/web-platform-tests/teams/wpt-core-team/