Re: A new GitHub organization for web-platform-tests

One aspect of WPT that I know maintainers have long resigned themselves
to is
the directory structure. The project defines test material at the top level,
right alongside metadata, documentation, and infrastructure code. This
makes it
difficult for folks to orient themselves. It also increases the
complexity of
tooling since it must special-case certain files and folders when
discovering
tests.

I think James is right that GitHub will smooth the transition for basic
fetch/push operations. But to the extent that some intervention is required,
this could be a good opportunity to ask consumers to also accommodate an
improvement to the project structure. That's easy for me to say, though, I'm
not a consumer. If this is too much churn, I'd love to hear that feedback
rather than just politely assume as much.

Philip: do you see the value in such a change? While you're conferring with
folks about renaming the repository, would you mind also asking about this?