Re: having trouble with the test runner

On 18/10/17 17:46, Shane McCarron wrote:
> Lots of things depend upon it...   I don't really think manifest generation
> is broken... it just takes a REALLY LONG TIME.  We have a number of ways to
> optimize it.  Just need to pick one and implement it.  I have a branch
> somewhere that I could dig back into.

I think it's possibly broken if two people try to update the manifest
simultaneously.

I suggest we upload a compressed version of the manifest for each push
to master and have the w3c-test.org sync script download that (e.g. by
runnng ./wpt manifest, modified to try to download where possible) on
update. Then the runner page (which, if many things depend on it could
really use a committed maintainer) can avoid generating a manifest at all.

Patches to make manifest generation faster are welcome, of course.