Re: Unifying testsuite policy and getting rid of CSS exceptions

On 09/15/2017 06:54 AM, James Graham wrote:
> In practice anyone sufficiently knowledgeable to be interacting
> with a test can likely identify the relevant parts of the specs
> rather quickly.

As a CSS spec editor who was tasked with reviewing some totally
uncommented layout tests, I disagree with this statement.

> In general, I think it's worth considering the cost to the wider
> ecosystem of policies and requirements, because things that help
> one specific group can nevertheless be a net negative when the
> full picture is considered.

In general, people who approach code as a write-only exercise and
don't comment on what their code is trying to do make maintenance
of that code difficult for anyone who has to deal with it later on.

~fantasai