Re: Web Platform Tests on Edge and Safari

On 16/05/17 13:01, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
> Thanks for getting this launched, Bob!
>
> When it comes to testing more recent versions of Edge/Safari, as long as
> we use Sauce we'll be stuck with what they provide. I know that
> BrowserStack has Edge 15 now, so filing a bug on Sauce to provide the
> same might be effective.

The goal is obviously to stop depending on Sauce at some point, just
because being able to run latest available builds is unusually helpful
for us but isn't such a priority for third party services.

For Safari we can probably use Travis once we can enable WebDriver on
Safari on Travis [1]. For Edge we need a CI system with Windows 10 since
there Edge doesn't run on Windows Server 2012 which Appveyor uses.

Obviously this will be much easier if Apple or Microsoft can help to
solve those problems.

[1] https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-ci/issues/7187