Re: Stability testing of PRs

On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 2:09 PM, James Graham <james@hoppipolla.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 18/10/16 13:03, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:
>
>> That sounds fantastic, James!
>>
>> If you've modified a common.js but no tests, will there be a way to
>> manually trigger a run for the tests you happen to know are affected?
>>

> I don't know of an easy way to provide input to travis other than the
> source tree. One could imagine an optional map of support files to tests,
> and some tooling to help generate it for simple cases, I suppose.

Could the commit message include AFFECTED=foo/bar/* or some such? Probably
overkill to get this thing started, though.

Using the same infrastructure, would it be possible to paste the test
>> results into a comment in the PR after every change?
>>

> Yes.

Wow, that would be pretty amazing. Even with browserstack, it's pretty
painful to summarize how a test change affects different implementations.