Re: Submodule propagation question with wptserve

On Sun, Aug 3, 2014, at 20:10, Brad Hill wrote:
> 11 days ago, this commit landed:
>
> https://github.com/w3c/wptserve/pull/40
>
> https://github.com/w3c/wptserve/commit/08a2d5ce6c3af279ee16c8b98b442ee65699b44c
>

> Today, I have folks following instructions from
> http://testthewebforward.org/docs/github-101.html and they're not
> seeing this commit.
>
> Any ideas what's going on, how to fix this?

Git submodules work the way that they point to a specific revision
that's known to work. So wpt-platform-tests repository was pointing to
an old version. I did a commit pointing it to the newest master of
wptserve.

It'll work correctly for new checkouts now. For the ones that already
have one, they should do an update:

git stash # Stash whatever you were working on (this saves non-committed
work)

git checkout master
git pull --ff-only
git submodule update # this should update wptserve now
git checkout <branch_you_were_working_on>

git stash pop # < this gets back your current non-committed work

--
  Odin Hørthe Omdal
  odinho@opera.com