Re: /html/syntax/parsing not working?

On 19/03/14 08:45, Koji Ishii wrote:
> Hi,
>
> With support from Robin, a few of us in Japan have started looking
> into complementing Ruby parser tests, and I’m trying to setup the
> environments to work on.
>
> One thing I still can’t figure out is that the pages in
> /html/syntax/parsing are all failing, probably due to cross-origin
> error. For instance, visiting the tests19[1] gives the following
> error on Chrome:
>
> Failed to read the 'contentDocument' property from
> 'HTMLIFrameElement': Blocked a frame with origin
> "http://w3c-test.org" from accessing a cross-origin frame.(stack:
> Error: Failed to read the 'contentDocument' property from
> 'HTMLIFrameElement': Blocked a frame with origin
> "http://w3c-test.org" from accessing a cross-origin frame. at
> Object.<anonymous>
> (http://w3c-test.org/html/syntax/parsing/test.js:162:59) at
> Object.Test.step
> (http://w3c-test.org/resources/testharness.js:1159:25) at
> HTMLIFrameElement.iframe.onload
> (http://w3c-test.org/html/syntax/parsing/test.js:160:9))

I believe this is because Blink/WebKit incorrectly prevent accessing
resources loaded into data: urls cross-origin. Unfortunately I think
working around this bug will require rewriting the tests to load the
test data into an isolated browsing context in which to perform the
parsing using some other mechanism.