Re: testing form submission

On Mon, 2014-03-17 at 12:39 +0000, Andreas Tolfsen wrote:
> +jgraham
>
> masinter@adobe.com writes:
>
> > I'm working on multipart/form-data and automated testing for it, and
> > I'm a little stuck getting form submission to work reliably.
> >
> > https://github.com/masinter/multipart-form-data
> >
> > The set up is the form test creates iframes for each test, creates a
> > form for the test, sets it as the iframe's srcdoc, which automatically
> > submits it to a local "post echo" server (python and node.js
> > included).
>
> Wouldn't wptserve be the natural way to provide a web server for POSTs?

Yes. I wrote a little python code to be plugged into wptserve for that
effect. So, we should be fine (modulo the details of the code) on that
front.

> > Of course, if someone has a better form-submission testing framework,
> > that would be great.
>
> This seems like an ideal candidate for something we can convert into a
> WebDriver test in the future.  That will allow us to control the browser
> from an OOP context, which should allow us to simplify these tests.
>
> Note that it's still a work in progress, however.

Agreed. That's usual dilemma between writing human tests now or waiting
a year or two for WebDriver testing to be good enough to be used in wpt
(and wptserve?).

Philippe