Re: Writing tests where browsers are known to not be conforming

On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 9:17 AM, James Graham <james@hoppipolla.co.uk>
wrote:

> On 12/06/14 17:00, Dirk Pranke wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 12, 2014 at 7:56 AM, James Graham <james@hoppipolla.co.uk>
> > wrote:

> >> getUserMedia
> have
> we
> new
> >> that
> >> etc).

> is
> ?dont_run_known_failing=true
> each
> >>
> >> I don't know how blink are planning to integrate web-platform-tests in
> >> their CI.
> >

> > This is actually documented at
> > http://www.chromium.org/blink/importing-the-w3c-tests , if anyone is
> > curious.
> >
> > As part of the import process, we maintain a blacklist of things not to
> > import (checked in to Blink), so skipping broken tests is already
> supported.
>
> So I didn't understand everything there but it wasn't clear if you
> support expectations at a lower level than per-file or not.

The Blink implementation of testharnessreport converts the assertions to a
series of text lines, e.g.:

PASS test 1
FAIL test 2
PASS test 3

It is possible to check in an expected version of the output for the test,
and that allows us to track tests where only some of the sub-tests pass. If
the expected output is not checked in, we assume that all of the sub-tests
are expected to pass.

I did notice that some tests were listed as being "broken" in rather
> trivial ways. It would be nice to see patches to fix those tests.

Yes.

-- Dirk