Re: Testing and certificates

CAs have a certificate policy statement that they are audited against and
to which they must conform.  It's not a simple matter to "grant an
exception" even if browsers were to allow it.  The entire system is set up
to not allow that kind of thing to happen, with good reason.  The CPS is
basically a contract they've agreed to with all of their customers and
other relying parties.

If browsers want to make a special accommodation, why not a way to pass in
a new (temporary) trust root from the command line?

-Brad